In November 2016 Faculty of Design celebrated its 11th anniversary with Ceremonial Academy. Domestic and foreign guests were welcomed by the Dean of the Faculty, Prof. Nada Matičič and CEO, Mr. Miha Matičič on Ljubljana Castle.
The gala event rounded off a series of activities which has, in eleven years, transformed the formerly known Academy of Design into the Faculty of Design, with 1st and 2nd level study programme Design. Pedagogical, research and artistic activities of the Faculty of Design are based on the creative ideas of its experts who are able to realize their ideas from the start (concept) to the finish (implementation phase), while building high ethical standards, respecting academic freedom and maintaining a sustainable relationship with the environment. Faculty received numerous awards, whose recipients are students and their mentors and is a holder of many patents and European models. Successful integration into the industry paves the career path for many graduates – young talents.
The grand academy was opened by Vice Dean for artistic activities, assist. Prof. Petra Bole, PhD and prof. Peter Krečič, PhD, Chair of Visual Culture deprtment, a longtime associate and friend of the faculty. We were honoured by the presence of the Rector of the University of Primorska, prof. Dragan Marušič, PhD.
At the gala event, the Faculty awarded its longtime associates, companies and individuals who have contributed to the development of the Faculty of Design , with GoingGreenGlobal awards. The founding leader of GoinGreenGlobal awards , Prof. Nada Matičič, in her speech stressed out the necessity of sustainable design awareness.
GGG Award winners 2016 are:
1. UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA / Universita del Litorale
2. ASSOCIATION Gide – Group for International Design Education
3. SEM – Slovenian Ethnographic Museum
4. Municipality of LJUBLJANA
5. Wood Industry Cluster
6. RC 31
7. INSTITUTE BIG ( City of Design)
8. European Faculty of Law
9. The Slovenian Business and Research Association in Brussels
10. prof. Janez Suhadolc
11th prof. Vladimir Sanzharov, director of the Institute of Saint -Petersburg State University of Technologies and Industrial Design
12. Mateja Benedetti (professor at Faculty of Design and brand owner of Terra Urbana)
13. Palmieri d.o.o.
GoinGreenGlobal Awards were awarded to the colleagues of the Faculty, head of departments and all who built the future of the faculty, among them
– Mrs. Mileva Miškovič for long-term successful management of Student office
– Mr. Miha Matičič for the first brave steps towards the establishment of new institution and the recognition of design management strategies in the management of the Faculty of Design.
– to all colleagues of the faculty, who also expressed special thanks to Dean, prof. Nada Rožmanec Matičič, for long-term visionary leadership of the institute and irresistible energy which inspire us every day.
Artistic programme was consisted by creations of Textile and Fashion department students, under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Mateja Benedetti. The perfect musical accompaniment on the harp was again ensured by a promising young musician, Stella Pograjc.
At the gala ceremony, Faculty of Design presented its new corporate image design, which we are especially proud of. There was also a retrospective exhibition of the faculty experts, who presented their scientific and artistic work, during past eleven years.
Domestic and foreign guests, participants in the International GGG week and 4th International scientific conference A.L.I.C.E were spoiled by gourmet food design chefs of Ljubljana Castle.
Sincere thanks go to the Municipality of Ljubljana, which has enabled event and pleasant stay of all participants.